Delivery of Entries & Check In
All specimens must be accompanied by their owners and must arrive between 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. on October 21st. Large specimens should be brought on pallets. Weigh-Off personnel will be on hand to assist contestants in positioning entries.
Weighing will begin October 21, 2017 at 9 a.m.
Heaviest Pumpkin (17 years and under)
Open Categories – All Ages
Ugliest Pumpkin, Prettiest Pumpkin, Heaviest Watermelon, Largest Zucchini, Heaviest Squash
Awards will be presented at approximately 2 p.m.
All contestants will be served dinner in a private gated area. No outside alcohol will be allowed.
California State Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off Rules
- The specimen must be grown, cared for and exhibited by the grower. In case of emergency (serious illness, death in the family, etc.) the judges will make the decision as to allowing exceptions to the rule.
- Any specimen previously placing at any other National or International competition prior to this contest is not eligible for competition.
- An exhibitor may enter only one specimen per class and one class per specimen.
- Color requirements: to be eligible for the heaviest pumpkin, the specimen must be a minimum of 80% white to cream-yellow to orange in color. To be eligible for the heaviest squash the specimen must be at least 80% green.
- The specimen must be: sound, healthy, undamaged, free of rot, holes, cracks through the cavity, chemical (fungicides) residue and serious soft spots.
- No foreign material is permitted to be included in the weighing. The vine must be trimmed to one inch from the stem of the fruit. The Judges reserve the right to fully inspect each specimen before the weigh is announced and official. Refusal to allow the inspection of an entry will cause said entry to be deemed “exhibition only”.
- In the event of a tie, the prize money for those two placing will be added together and divided equally between contestants.
- Decisions of the Judges are final in all cases.
- Any violation of the California State Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off Contest Rules will be cause for disqualification from contest.
Proceeds to benefit Weigh-Off Contestants and Ag Against Hunger
Download a copy of the Delivery of Entries & Rules